Monday 2 May 2016

#geobritainroadtrip – Lyme Regis

Text in blue opens in a new tab

I have been to Lyme Regis a few times now. I first went on holiday with my family when I was younger, and I have since been back when on fieldwork with college and university, and more recently as part of a #geobritainroadtrip that the bestie and I did. Lyme Regis is part of the #100Geosites list put together by the Geological Society of London

Lyme Regis is known as a fossil hunter & collectors heaven; the rocks here are very productive. It is also well known as the birthplace of Mary Anning, my all-time favourite Science Woman™. Kelly and I visited Lyme Regis to coincide with the Lyme Regis Fossil Festival, as I had never been before.


Personally, the fossil fest is just not my thing, at all. I did enjoy being back in Lyme, and we went fossil hunting down the far end of the beach, found some cracking samples, then nearly died on the slog back up the hill to the carpark.





Mini Mary Anning had her pic taken with a ichthyosaur in a fossil shop - the shop lady was VERY excited :D

I want this floor on my future doorstep