Wednesday 1 June 2016

Day 01; #30DaysWild - Getting Close to a Flower

Today is the first day of the #30DaysWild challenge! I was out on site today as part of my role as a conservation trainee with the Birmingham & Black Country Wildlife Trust, and I was at Moseley Bog Local Nature Reserve in south Birmingham. There is a meadow area here that is a sea of buttercups; glorious yellow dancing across the field. I took the opportunity to get close to the flowers and enjoy this wild patch.





Every June the Wildlife Trusts run a campaign called 30 Days Wild. This year I shall be taking part! It is my first time doing the challenge, and I’ve been planning lots of things to do over the month. The idea is to encourage wildness, exploration and an involvement with the natural world. The daily things can be anything, from walking barefoot, to doing outdoor yoga, or growing veg to hunting out woodlice under a stone. Little things that help you reconnect with nature!