Saturday 11 June 2016

Day 11; #30DaysWild - Wild Verge at Longbridge

I had seen this road verge a few times and kept intending to go back to get photos, so after work one rainy day I went to have a look. It’s absolutely beautiful and really shows how wildlife can be given a home by simply not totally mowing a roadside verge! The amount and colours of flowers was incredible and I saw over 20 bees in about ten minutes. I will be going back when the flowers go over to collect some seeds!


This verge is at Longbridge Island, Birmingham (near Bournville College).







Every June the Wildlife Trusts run a campaign called 30 Days Wild. This year I shall be taking part! It is my first time doing the challenge, and I’ve been planning lots of things to do over the month. The idea is to encourage wildness, exploration and an involvement with the natural world. The daily things can be anything, from walking barefoot, to doing outdoor yoga, or growing veg to hunting out woodlice under a stone. Little things that help you reconnect with nature!