Wednesday 22 June 2016

Day 22; #30DaysWild – Walk Leadership Training

I spent a day at the War Memorial Park in Coventry doing some walk leadership training, with a view to becoming a certified health walks leader! Hopefully I will be able to complete this training soon and then begin to lead guided walks around some of the Wildlife Trust sites, or maybe around the City Centre. I have grand plans for this!


I had never been to the War Memorial Park prior to this so it was great to visit a new place and explore a bit. This park is huge! And amazing! It has so many different areas to it, long grass areas to allow wildflowers to grow, a rock garden, remnants of the old abbey (I think – maybe the cathedral) that were put here during the clean up after the Blitz. It was great to walk around and see a new part of Coventry too.






Every June the Wildlife Trusts run a campaign called 30 Days Wild. This year I shall be taking part! It is my first time doing the challenge, and I’ve been planning lots of things to do over the month. The idea is to encourage wildness, exploration and an involvement with the natural world. The daily things can be anything, from walking barefoot, to doing outdoor yoga, or growing veg to hunting out woodlice under a stone. Little things that help you reconnect with nature!